Today I am 27 years old. The past few years, my birthday hasn’t been the most exciting thing in the world, but that’s just what happens as we get older. You know you’re in adulthood when you’re excited to get new prescription glasses as your birthday present. As a way for my readers to get to know me a little bit, I thought I would provide you with 27 facts about me in honor of turning 27. Enjoy!
1. I lived in five different houses before the age of seven.
2. I grew up in Calabasas and have only run into the Kardashians three times.
3. My favorite band when I was six years old was Blink-182. I had a poster of Mark Hoppus over my bed for years
4. My cat Penny is the cutest cat in the world and I will fight anyone who tells me otherwise. She’s an angel.
5. Steve from Blue’s Clues was my first celebrity crush. I was convinced that I was going to marry him.
6. I had brain surgery in 2015. My tumor came back a year later and I went through radiation the beginning of 2017. As of now (July 2018) the tumor is still there, albeit a little smaller.
7. I have the refined palate of a child. I’ve been slowly getting better but if I could, I would eat bread or meat and potatoes for every meal.
8. Despite loving bread, I’m not much of a pastry eater.
9. I left Los Angeles to go to the University of Oregon for college to get a degree in film…
10. As much as I love living in Los Angeles, I want to someday move to Portland.
11. Powell’s Books in Portland, OR, is my heaven.
12. I worked at Urban Outfitters in Malibu for almost two years when I first graduated college. We had a lot of famous people as customers and I was absolutely star struck when Alyson Hannigan (of Buffy and How I Met Your Mother fame) came in with her husband.
13. I don’t have my ears pierced but I did have my nose pierced. I took it out before sinus surgery and never put it back in.
14. I never learned how to ride a bike. I was more of a scooter kid.
15. I’ve been a dancer since I was three years old. Even though I can’t dance anymore, I will always consider myself a dancer, it’s one of my biggest passions. Before my health got so bad, I wanted to be a dance teacher.
16. I hate gum and anything carbonated.
17. I went to England after graduating college and it was the greatest trip of my life.
18. I’m obsessed with Disney: movies, the parks, clothes, everything.
19. Even though Disneyland is my favorite place on earth, I hate rollercoasters.
20. I once accidentally set a friend’s jean skirt on fire (while she was wearing it) and it was one of the hardest times I’ve ever laughed.
21. I cried at the Beyonce concert. Same with Adele.
22. I think Harry Potter and Hamilton are a work of genius.
23. When I was two, I got the chicken pox at Walt Disney World.
24. In an alternate reality, my dad is Tom Hanks and my grandmother is Julie Andrews.
25. I absolutely hate needles and the act of taking blood, despite having to do it pretty frequently.
26. I hope to be a published author at some point in my life.
27. Amy Poehler is my hero and role model.