2018 was the best year I’ve had in quite awhile. My health wasn’t the best, but it didn’t completely fall apart like it has the past few years. I managed to stick to some of the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year, which is pretty incredible, especially when it comes to my usual track record. I used to make resolutions every year but I rarely ever stuck with them. This was the first year that I feel like I actually showed some growth. By calling them goals, I feel like there isn’t as much pressure and I think that’s why I was much more successful. Here are some of my accomplishments and then some of my goals for this next year.
- Wrote over 10,000 words of a book
- Came up with four other book ideas
- Moved across the country without completely falling apart.
- Started and stuck with this blog the whole year
- Started and stuck with a bullet journal
- Reunited with my two best friends from college for the first time in six years
- Met my reading goal
- Continue with my blog and try to get more views/followers
- Get more creative and in-depth with my bullet journal
- Pick a single book idea and go nuts
- Read Pride and Prejudice
- Read The Handmaid’s Tale
- Read The Goldfinch
- Get a job
- Try to find some kind of exercise I can do.
- Eat healthier
- Read more Adult fiction
- Watch one new movie (to me) a week
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or with kids
- Make it back to LA to visit friends
- Make it to some book festivals
- Figure out a way to move to Portland
- WRITE WRITE WRITE!
And from the wise words of Paige Michalchuk from Degrassi: The Next Generation