I saw this on Youtube by chelseadollingreads and thought it would be fun! And I may have stolen some of her answers….
- Do you have a book with deckled edges? It seems whenever they do a re-release of a classic, they’ll make the book have deckled edges to make it look fancier. The only one I can think of at the moment is Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck, but I know I must have some others as well. Maybe To Kill a Mockingbird?
- Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover? Odd One Out by Nic Stone
- Do you have a book based on another fictional story? Pride by Ibi Zoboi is loosely based on Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long? Ramona Blue, my favorite Julie Murphy book.
- Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter? Even When You Lie to Me by Jessica Alcott. This one is a lot harder than you would think.
- Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book? I have none!
- Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name? Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, whose real name was Charles Lutwidge Dodgson
- Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title? Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Do you have a book with 2 maps in it? Because I rarely ever read anything fantasy-like, I own few books with maps, let alone two! However, Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett indeed has two maps.
- Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show? The Handmaid’s Tale is an obvious one. I really excited for Little Fires Everywhere, starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington, whenever that comes out.
- Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…) I love memoirs so I have tons. Yes Please by Amy Poehler is probably my favorite.
- Do you have a book with a clock on the cover? Honestly, I have no idea. Too much work.
- Do you have a poetry book? This past year I’ve gotten really into poetry, basically anything by Amanda Lovelace. I also have some Sylvia Plath to feed my cold, black heart.
- Do you have a book with an award stamp on it? The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you? Hamilton: A Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda. I just realized I share initials with a genius!
- Do you have a book of short stories? Both short story collections edited by Stephanie Perkins are some of my favorites. I also have Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger as well as a few different short story collections from Truman Capote and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long? I actually don’t have one. This was so hard to try to find! I’m totally cheating and putting Carry On by Rainbow Rowell at 522 pages. Close enough!
- Do you have a book that was turned into a movie? It seems like most books are turning into movies nowadays. One that I own, haven’t read yet, but I’m excited for the movie is Where’d You Go Bernadette? by Maria Semple.
- Do you have a graphic novel? I read Diary of a Teenage Girl by Phoebe Gloeckner after falling love with the movie.
- Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors? The book I’m currently reading now is written by a husband and wife duo: Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka. Right before that, I finished reading Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren, a prominent writing duo in the Chick Lit/Romance community.
Such beautiful shelves!
Thank you! They are literally my pride and joy hahaha
LikeLiked by 1 person