I found this tag over on YouTube from Heather at Bookables and thought it would be perfect for a little after Easter treat.
- Flowers: All the flowers we remember are blooming again. Pick a book that’s a fresh take on a retelling.
Pride by Ibi Zoboi was a really interesting take on Pride and Prejudice, but for more of a spring look, it has to go the two Shakespearian retellings by married couple Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka. They just scream SPRING
- Cadbury Mini Eggs: Obviously the superior springtime candy of choice. Pick a book that you consider to be a sweet treat.
I think I’ll have to go with the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series by Jenny Han.
- Allergies: Seasonal allergies often make your eyes water. Pick a book that made you cry.
The most recent tearjerker was Everything is Horrible and Wonderful by Stephanie Wittels Wachs
- Spring Cleaning: Out with the old and in with the new. Pick a book to unhaul.
Currently the only thing in my unhaul pile is In Paris with You by Clémentine Beauvais.
- Spring Break: It’s the perfect time for an adventure. Pick a book involving a road trip.
Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson is so fun, especially with the added element of maps, pictures, and playlists.
- Mating Season: It’s that time of year in the animal kingdom to make some babies. Pick a book with some smutty delights.
I honestly haven’t read many things too smutty since my Harry Potter fanfiction. Maybe Roomies by Christina Lauren?
- Rainbows: I just feel like Spring is made of freaking rainbows. Pick a book featuring an LGBTQ+ character(s). I’m going to go with a book that comes out next month that I’m really excited for: Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins
- Spring Awakening: This is one of my all-time favorite musicals even though it’s filled with completely dysfunctional characters. Pick a book that’s also filled with completely dysfunctional characters.
Who isn’t dysfunctional nowadays!? Let’s just go with our girl Daisy Jones, or how about the entire cast of Daisy Jones and the Six
- In like a lion, out like a lamb: Pick a book series that didn’t get better as it progressed.
I don’t read a lot of series, and the ones I have read definitely excelled as the books progressed. I would have to say the Charlotte Holmes series by Brittany Cavallaro. A Study in Charlotte was so strong and I really enjoyed the other three books, but nothing compares to the first book.
- Fun in the Sun: Tag some Friends!
Anyone that wants to give it a go!