I rarely ever do monthly TBR’s. I might have a few books in my head that I want to read over the month, but I almost never actually stick to that imaginary list. However, I’m really trying to accomplish some reading goals over the summer.
I try to reserve my summer reads to stories that take place during the summer. What a concept, am I right? For June, not only am I reading summertime books, but I’m going to read LGBTQ+ summertime books on a count of it being Pride Month!
So first, I’m going to talk about the ARC’s I have for the month and then I’ll go through my queer reads.
- I Wanna Be Where You Are by Kristina Forest (currently reading) – released 6/4
- If It Makes You Happy by Claire Kann – released 6/4
- Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi – released 6/11
- The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozado – released 6/18
- Something Like Gravity by Amber Smith – released 6/18
LGBTQ+ Summer Reads:
- Bloom by Kevin Panetta
- This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender
- I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
- Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman
- Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley
- Odd One Out by Nic Stone
I usually read around 8-10 books a month, so let’s see how this turns out!
I’m going to post a Pride recommendations post next week, so give me some of your own recs to add to the list.