June is Pride Month! I did a post last year of some of my favorite LGBTQ+ reads and this time around, I thought that I would help jumpstart your summer TBR lists with specific summer LGBTQ+ BOOKS. Everyone has been making this post lately, but I thought I would add some of my favorites.
All of these books take place during the summertime and feature a main character(s) who identify on the LGBTQ+ scale.
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
- Little and Lion by Brandy Colbert
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- Release by Patrick Ness
- The Summer of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding
- Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann
- Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
- The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Tash Meets Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
- Aristotle and Dante’s Discover The Secrets of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
Here are some I haven’t read yet, but heard nothing but good things.
- Bloom by Kevin Panetta
- The Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno
- Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley
- Birthday by Meredith Russo
- Like a Love Story by Abdi Nazemian